Fundraiser for Sister Carmen Food Bank
“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.”
We will continue to have a ‘Tree of Hope’ in the gallery through February where you can ‘plant’ your hope for the future and give to the community.
How to participate:
We wanted to make it easy for people to participate in this project. Each person chooses an animal that lives in the Front Range and a feather. Folks can make their own animal and feather and bring back when completed or use one of the stencils in the gallery. We would like people to have fun with this and not be intimidated by the art aspect of the project. We ask that they decorate the shapes and put their Word of Hope for the future on the animal and a sentence “pledge” of how to help make that hope a reality on the feather. We ask that everyone that participates in this community art project contribute money to our Food Bank drive. (Suggested donation $10, but what you can afford.)
- Come into the gallery during our business hours (note, the hours changed a few months ago)
- Choose one animal stencil (or make your own)
- Choose one feather stencil (or make your own)
- Take blank card stock sheets, trace/draw the shapes and cut them out
- On the animal shape, write the ONE WORD that expresses your hope/vision for 2021 (you can do as many animal shapes you want/need to express your hope.)
- On the feather shape, write a ONE SENTENCE pledge of how you are going to help make that vision become a reality.
- Decorate your shapes i.e. draw, paint, paste
- Bring it back to the gallery and hang it on our Tree of Hope
On the last day of February we will donate all the money collected to Sister Carmen’s Food Bank to support our local Lafayette community members who are in need. To date, we have collected over $400 and hope to present Sister Carmen with at least $1000 to put toward food for those in need.
Be part of the solution!